Wanna join us? We’ve left this spot open for you
Finance, Full-Time, New York NY
Ticket Evolution is the silent backbone of the secondary ticketing industry with over $2B in global sports, concert, theatre tickets and more running through our platform at any given time. We develop industry-leading solutions that enable our partners to offer that inventory to their customers while providing the backend real-time execution, clearing, and settlement of that inventory across multiple distribution platforms. If you have ever purchased tickets to a game online or called a broker for tickets to a sold-out show, chances are that our platform was used somewhere in between. Located in the Gramercy neighborhood of NYC, we are a fun-loving group of geeks and event junkies. Full benefits include comprehensive health insurance, matching 401k, continual formal education programs, and a fast-paced dynamic environment.
As our business has grown, and tax laws have continued to evolve we’re in need of someone to guide us through the world of taxes – most notably sales tax and income tax. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing all tax related decisions and activities in the organization, with the support of our external tax accounting firm as needed. You will help us stay tax-compliant and up-to-date on new tax laws and conduct the final review of tax returns. It’s a great opportunity for someone looking for autonomy in a growing business within an industry that is seeing new sales tax developments.
- Conduct tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions
- Final Review of tax returns
- Work in conjunction with internal and external resources to implement solutions to keep us compliant
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting
- CPA License
- 5+ years’ of recent public accounting tax experience or 5+ years of recent experience in e-commerce industry
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience with implications of Wayfair decision
- Mid-Senior level
If this sound like you, please apply here.