Wanna join us? We’ve left this spot open for you
Business Insights Lead
Fulfillment Team, Full-Time, New York, NY
The Business Insights Lead is a high impact role for a critical thinker who enjoys innovative thinking to solve complex business problems. The incumbent will be versatile and must be able to successfully operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, handle multiple competing project priorities, and support evidence-based decision logic and provide predictive solutions. The position will report to the Director of Finance and work closely with our Product, Operations and Engineering teams. Your primary responsibilities will be defining objectives to put our data to use. (1) analyzing and reporting on the effect of pricing decisions as it relates to internal performance and competitive comparisons as well as (2) offering insights around our inventory. Emphasis will be on identifying insights, gaps, and trends to recommend optimization opportunities. The final products you produce could range from predictive models and pricing plans to dashboards and you will be expected to play a role in each phase of the project – conceptualization, planning, execution, deployment and evaluation. This is an ideal role for an individual who is passionate about the use of analytics to influence decisions and can conceptualize new ways of doing things, communicate their vision simply, concisely, and effectively to key stakeholders and see them all the way through to implementation.
What you’ll do
- You will face everyday with a smile as the front-line point of contact to distribution partners on questions/issues/feedback and will work with relevant departments to answer/resolve/improve as needed.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of our pricing model.
- Collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources to provide context and support for pricing proposals.
- Identify opportunities and recommend pricing changes to take advantage of market conditions driven by team performance, league schedules, and performer/tour schedule.
- Assess event inventory, ticket pricing, and competitive dynamics to evaluate our pricing position within the market
- Document and concisely present results of pricing changes to management.
Who you are
- Required 3-5 years of related work experience coupled with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other quantitative field
- Expert-level Excel capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, lookups, and macros
- Experience with SQL
- Experience using visualization techniques or data analytics tools for presenting data and analysis (Chartio, Spotfire ,Tableau, or similar tool) a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with PowerPoint
- Familiarity and interest in maintaining current knowledge on sports and concert information
If this sound like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
Ticket Evolution is the silent backbone of the secondary ticketing industry with over $2B in global sports, concert, theatre tickets and more running through our platform at any given time. We develop industry leading solutions that enable our partners to offer that inventory to their customers while providing the backend real time execution, clearing and settlement of that inventory across multiple distribution platforms. If you have ever purchased tickets to a game on-line, or called a broker for tickets to a sold-out show, chances are that our platform was used somewhere in between. Located in the Gramercy neighborhood of NYC, we are a fun-loving group of geeks and event junkies. Full benefits include comprehensive health insurance, matching 401k, continual formal education programs and a fast-paced dynamic environment.