Wanna join us? We’ve left this spot open for you
Director of Data Science
Solutions Team, Full-Time, New York NY
Ticket Evolution (TEvo) is looking for an experienced leader to build and scale our Data Science group. You’ll focus on multiple aspects of the business to help set the vision for what we build. You’ll be instrumental in defining the company product roadmap, set metrics, identify areas in which we can improve our overall offerings. You’ll also be able to build a team of the best analytic and data science talent in the market, who want to tackle challenging problems in our unique space.
The ideal candidate has proven experience building & leading strong analytics teams, working with complex data sets, building modern analytic infrastructures, and making data-driven decisions. As the first key new hire for this group, you will be responsible for not only building out the team over time, but also have the ability to design the infrastructure you will be working with. You will have the unique opportunity to define & create the infrastructure as we are building from the ground up.
This role will be based in our New York office.
- Design and build TEvo’s analytics infrastructure which will include the creation of data pipelines into the analytics environment
- Recruit and lead a high-performing team of analysts and data scientists
- Work with your team to develop & back test predictive sales & pricing models that drive the success of our business
- Develop models that provide insights to the business around gaps in our inventory along with pricing anomalies
- Partner with business and product leaders to improve our product and customer experience and prioritize projects for maximum impact
- Represent the analytics team in key meetings and business reviews with our leadership team
- Help the organization use data science methods to generate and test hypotheses
- Performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems
- Collecting, processing, cleaning, and storing data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Manage the design, execution, and analysis of A/B or multivariate testing programs
- Drive a rigorous testing culture throughout the organization
Our Ideal Candidates
- 10+ years of analytics / data science experience or equivalent; 5+ years of experience managing and scaling high growth analytics / data science teams
- Has managed an organization of 6 or more people, has experience managing managers
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- An ability gets hands dirty and to write very complex queries from raw data
- Has hand on experience designing analytic data structures & environments
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as R or Python (Not only can you apply the tools, but build/code them as well)
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau, Looker) Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude
- Strong analyst who is attentive to detail and sets a high bar for work produced by the team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
- Get-it-done mindset. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in economics, applied math, statistics, physics, engineering or other quantitative fields
Bringing together the excitement of live events with innovative products and technology, Ticket Evolution is a central piece to a multi-billion dollar industry. We are fans of what we do. Our team is made up of crazy sports fans, theater lovers and frequent concert-goers. The Ticket Evolution culture encourages innovation, continued education, and a happy work-life balance. Come join us at one of our offices located in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District or in scenic Scottsdale, AZ.
If this sound like you, please apply here.